---RELOCATED---
Further content can be found at http://www.shellshockedsculling.wordpress.com/

Thursday, September 13, 2007

St Andrews Ergothon 2007

St Andrews holds it traditional annual Spring Day on Saturday (15th Sept 2007). It's a day filled with markets, sports events and general summer time-type stuff. For the past 3 or 4 years, the rowing club has hosted a pretty successful indoor regatta. Due to constraints on time during the day, it usually only runs for about 3 or 4 hours, but it's good solid racing and can be marked off as a training session.

I've spent the last three days trying to get the ergos to synchronize and the regatta software to work, because something always goes wrong on the day and we have to scramble to get it fixed or to find a compromise. This is the first year that I'm runing it and I must say that I'm quite excited about the whole thing... nothing beats a good solid competition... and it beats sitting on the erg for 60min doing steady state. My girls will get something out of it I'm sure... I hope.

I upgraded the PM3 monitors with the latest version of their software (FirmWare v.097), and nothing seemed to work. The ergo gods were smiting me. It wasn't until I downgraded to v.082 that things started to come together. I must remember to thank Rob Pullen, the sports director at the school, for all his help. He's got an entire hockey festival to organise and run on the same day as well as managing all the other sports (netball, swimming, etc) for the week and for Sping Day... I'd go insane!

Training's going ok... we need to spend a bit more time in the big boats... but sitting in singles for a week or two is probably a good thing.

Two weeks and one day to the first 2k race of the season... just need to keep my head down and get the work done. We'll be fine.

No comments: