---RELOCATED---
Further content can be found at http://www.shellshockedsculling.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

International 'Talk-Like-a-Pirate' Day - September 19th

Yay! One of my favorite days of the year! It's just one of those quirky events that saves us from the doldrums of our sometimes dull existence... and I love it for that. 'Talk Like a Pirate' Day is generally just a day where you throw a bunch of very loud Yarrr's around every second sentence and everyone refers to themselves as 'me'... Example: Yarr matey! Me footboard needs moving! Hurry up... There be pirating to do!, etc. etc.

I've told all of the girls that there'd be a prize for the best dressed pirate crew... though I still have to decide what it will be, and I had to put some restrictions on the revelry... like no eye-patches for coxes (some of them tend to hit things with both eyes open) and obvious things like nothing that'll catch in the runners during the outing (seeing as we still have to get some solid training in) and no boarding of other crews boats.

I expect that John and I will be seeing some amazing things tomorrow... Yarr! Can't wait!

No comments: